Genesis of Pittsburgh welcomes volunteers!
There are many opportunities for you to utilize your gift of time, labor and love to help us with our clients and at our multiple locations:
Genesis House: Call 412-766-2693 x201 - Kathy Reilly
- Gardeners are always welcome to help with spring planting, summer vegetables or fall clean up!
- Offer to sponsor a meal for our Genesis House residents one evening. Meals should be fixed to accommodate 8 Genesis House residents and be dropped off in disposable containers. Contact our Community Outreach Coordinator to find a night, which would most benefit Genesis House and our evening parenting schedule.
- Do you have a passion that might be fun that you would like to share – scrapbooking, arts & crafts, needlepoint, knitting etc.? Schedule a day and time to come in and share with our residents.
- Become a mentor to one of the residents living at the Genesis House.
The Learning Center at Genesis: Call 412-761-1845 x303 -
- Programs Facilitator (Teacher)- volunteer to teach lessons and lead groups on various topics for expectant parents. Each session is 90 minutes
- Assisting with mailings- volunteers needed to print, fold and mail monthly class calendars. We send approx. 500-1000
- Doula- clients with very little support for birth and postpartum would gladly connect with trained doulas.
- Programs Assistant to the Director – volunteers assist TLC Director Mon. - Wed. 5:00-8:00pm
Genesis Washington Center: Call 724-225-6701 x402 - Rhea Weese
- Washington Center Assistant: Help sort baby and maternity clothing, make calls, assist clients with clothing selection
- Instructors needed: Parenting and pregnancy related topics
- Fundraising Assistant: Make phone calls, prepare mailings, deliver and pick up supplies for our baby bottle fundraising drives in Washington County area.
Genesis Bellevue Center: Call 412-766-4934 x301 - Andrea Meloy
- Help us sort baby and maternity clothing, organize and stock donations
- Spring and Fall landscaping