Genesis of Pittsburgh welcomes volunteers!
There are many opportunities for you to utilize your gift of time, labor, and love to help us with our clients and at our multiple locations:
Call 412-766-2693 x201 – Kathy Reilly
- Gardeners are always welcome to help with spring planting, summer vegetables or fall clean up!
- Offer to sponsor a meal for our Genesis House residents one evening. Meals should be fixed to accommodate 8 Genesis House residents and be dropped off in disposable containers. Contact our Community Outreach Coordinator to find a night, which would most benefit Genesis House and our evening parenting schedule.
- Do you have a passion that might be fun that you would like to share – scrapbooking, arts & crafts, needlepoint, knitting etc.? Schedule a day and time to come in and share with our residents.
- Become a mentor to one of the residents living at the Genesis House.
Call 412-766-4934 x301 Danielle Morgan
- Programs Facilitator (Teacher)- volunteer to teach lessons and lead groups on various topics for expectant parents. Each session is 45 – 60 minutes
- Doula- clients with very little support for birth and postpartum would gladly connect with trained doulas.
Genesis Washington Center:
Call 412-766- 4934 x 301 Danielle Morgan
- Washington Center Assistant: Help sort baby and maternity clothing, make calls, assist clients with clothing selection
- Instructors needed: Parenting and pregnancy-related topics